New workshop: Advanced Modern CSS Masterclass
In my newest workshop I introduce you to the most useful modern features in CSS and show how you can implement them today in your code base to improve scalability, maintainability, and productivity.
About the workshop
oklch(), cascade layers, container queries, logical properties,
lvh, font-pallets, subgrid…How do you feel when you read these terms? Confused? Interested? Excited? Overwhelmed?
Well, yeah, that’s how most of us feel. CSS has changed so much in the last few years that it’s almost impossible to stay up-to-date.
2022 and 2023 were critical years for CSS. Browsers got together and began shipping new features week after week almost simultaneously. While that’s good news for us developers, keeping track of and adapting to those changes is challenging.
In Advanced Modern CSS Masterclass, a brand new Smashing Magazine workshop, I introduce you to the latest and greatest features in CSS.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- How to manage specificity with the help of cascade layers, :is(), and :where().
- New colour spaces and functions and their differences
- Using custom properties to create scalable systems.
- New functions in CSS such as min(), max(), clamp().
- How to use container queries to create truly responsive components.
- The benefits of using logical properties and what they are.
- Creating flexible layouts using Grid and math functions in CSS.
- New pseudo-classes such as :has.
- Improving UX with view transitions.
- Applying the progressive enhancement principle.
- Using and tweaking color fonts.
- Native nesting.
Who is this for?
This is a full workshop, delivered in five 2.5-hour long sessions with lots of time for Q&A. It’s for web developers (front-end and back-end), UI designers and for anyone who has at least a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Time & Schedule
This workshop is split over five days. The workshop sessions will run on the following days:
- Mon, November 27, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Tue, November 28, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Mon, December 4, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Mon, December 11, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
- Tue, December 12, 09:00 – 11:30 AM PT (18:00 – 20:30 CET)
Get your ticket here! (15% off)
If you have any further questions about the workshop, feel free to contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).